Monday, March 25, 2019

Tasting - Burlwood Cabernet Sauvignon

Name - Burlwood Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety - Cabernet Sauvignon
Region - California
Country - USA
Year - 2017
Price - $5

Winery Review - "Robust flavors of black cherry and blackberry with notes of toasted oak and spice" - aldi.us


Personal Review - Last wine I'm reviewing this week was also from Aldi. And just like with the other wines from Aldi this one, in particular, did not blow me away but it was good and at an excellent price point. The wine was a little bit too tannic but I did like how fruit focused it was. The wine was perhaps too dry but the fruit focus definitely helped in this situation. I liked the oak aftertaste. Again would recommend to anyone that was going to Aldi anyways. Not spectacular but far from bad.  Don't see myself coming back to this wine. 

Did not eat anything with this wine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment