Sunday, March 17, 2019

Tasting - Sutter Home Sweet Red Wine

Name - Sutter Home Sweet Red Wine
Variety - Red Blend (Merlot, Zinfandel, Syrah)
Region - California
Country - USA
Year - 2018
Price - $6

Winery Review - "This relaxed, welcoming wine is just the right fruity balance of luscious, juicy peaches, and the sweet taste of fresh-picked cherries." - sutterhome.com



Personal Review - I got this wine I got in the variety pack from Costco I mentioned a few reviews ago. I had red wine blends before but I really liked this one. This is definitely a wine you can drink without eating anything because it is actually really well balanced. Usually, with cheap red wines, the balance is usually not present because of one variable ruining it but this wine is really balanced. I enjoyed the really subtle taste of peaches and I don't usually like peaches (I guess I don't like the sugar in peaches). I would definitely recommend this wine but I think it probably the weakest of the wines I had from Sutter Home. But hell, if this is the worst wine the winery is doing a damn great job, especially at the price.

I did not eat anything with this wine


No comments:

Post a Comment