Thursday, March 21, 2019

Tasting - Sarriette Cabernet Franc

Name - Sarriette Cabernet Franc
Variety - Cabernet Franc
Region - Loire Valley
Country - France
Year - 2017
Price - $2

Winery Review - "Sarriette is the French word for savory, and it perfectly describes this mouthwatering and tasty red. A textbook Cabernet Franc, it displays dried, herb-inflected flavors of red currant and plum, balanced by a vein of acidity and appetizing tannins. This is a wine that would make a harmonious partner for dishes heavy on the umami, like an herb-marinated steak. " - williams-sonomawine.com


Personal Review - I got this wine as part of a kit that I ordered from the tasting room. Not sure what to think of this wine to be completely honest. While I did enjoy it definitely did not have the depth of flavor that I definitely would come to expect from a cabernet franc wine. It did have a good amount of tannins and I like the big body of the wine but the fruit flavor was sadly not strong at all to match those two. Not sure if I would recommend this wine because of that. Especially when this wine comes from a respected area of France this wine defintely does not hit the expectations I set for it.

Did not eat anything with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment