Thursday, March 21, 2019

Tasting - Uenuku Sauvignon Blanc

Name - Uenuku Sauvignon Blanc
Variety - Sauvignon Blanc
Region - New Zealand
Country - New Zealand
Year - 2017
Price - $2

Winery Review - "The growing region for this acidic and minerally Sauvignon Blanc is defined by maritime influences and alluvial soils, and the end result is a fresh and vibrant expression of the variety, with high-toned tropical and stone-fruit aromas and flavors. Crisp and driven, this is a perfect aperitif, but would make a bright companion for light shellfish and salads as well." - williams-sonomawine.com



Personal Review - I got this wine as part of a kit that I ordered from the tasting room. The first thing that I thought of when I tasted this wine was the high acidity. The body is pretty low but the fruit and acidity feeling of this wine really carry the flavor. I tasted hints of lime and grapefruit as well as a tad bit of nectarine/peach. I really enjoyed this wine and I will consider getting a full bottle of this wine in the future. 

I did not eat anything with this wine



No comments:

Post a Comment