Sunday, March 17, 2019

Tasting - Sutter Home White Merlot

Name - Sutter Home White Merlot
Variety - Merlot
Region - California
Country - USA
Year - 2018
Price - $6

Winery Review - "Imagine sipping a lighter Merlot. This fresh, pale-pink wine is a nice change from traditional red or white wines." - sutterhome.com

Personal Review - I got this wine I got in the variety pack from Costco I mentioned in the last review. I was really interested in this wine because I never had "the white version" of Merlot wine. I didn't like the Merlot wine I had before (also from California) so I had bigger hopes for this. I actually liked this wine quite a bit. It definitely gave me a better view of the Merlot grape (by itself in a wine of course). I believe this is just because of how "fresh" it tastes. I suppose the thing I don't like about the Merlot grapes is the flavor the skins give by themselves. This wine was a really clean feeling and I enjoyed the subtle cherry taste. Would definitely recommend (just like all the other Sutter home wines for the price!)


I did not eat anything with this wine



No comments:

Post a Comment