Monday, March 25, 2019

Tasting - Crystal Creek Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon

Name - Crystal Creek Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety - Cabernet Sauvignon
Region - Columbia Valley
Country - USA
Year - 2016
Price - $8

Winery Review - "Fruit-forward aromatics of black cherries, followed by ripe plum and velvety mocha notes with soft, approachable tannins.." - aldi.us


Personal Review - I got this wine from Aldi as well. I actually liked the other cabernet I got from there so why not. I believe this will also mark my first wine from Washington. I have to say that I was pretty impressed by this wine. It's not great (sadly a theme so far with a lot of these wines from Aldi) but for the price and convenience, it was pretty damn good considering. Definitely fruit forwards as the cherries and plum and I liked the cinnamon "ending" to the wine that definitely gives a lasting effect on the palate. Would definitely recommend this wine to anyone that shops Aldi regularly and likes one-stop shopping (including wine shopping). I don't think I would pick this up again. 

I did not eat anything with this wine


No comments:

Post a Comment