Thursday, March 21, 2019

Tasting - Trilus Pinot Noir

Name - Trilus Pinot Noir
Variety - Pinot Noir
Region - California
Country - United States of America
Year - 2016
Price - $2

Winery Review - "Delicate fruit flavors of black raspberry, red cherry and strawberry are intermingled with forest floor and mushroom nuances on the palate. " - lot18.com



Personal Review - I got this wine as part of a kit that I ordered from the tasting room. I enjoyed this wine. It has a good cherry and raspberry taste. I will argue is that the wine was definitely a little too "light" for red wine. Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable but I was definitely expecting a bolder taste. The wine was really balanced as well. I would definitely recommend this wine but not as a first pinot noir because in the end, it is not truthfully representative of other wines of this grape variety.

Did not eat anything with this wine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment