Thursday, February 7, 2019

Introduction

Hello. My name is Joseph Pavlack and I am an amateur wine enthusiast who hopes to improve my palate via this blog and class. Born in an Italian household I already have a headstart when it comes to this but I hope to learn a lot more. Specifically, I have not had much wine that was not made in Italy. I hope to try some of the weird experimental Californian wines and sample the great wines of France. Outside of those regions I want to specifically try good Portuguese Portos and good Japanese sakes.

As stated before most of the wines I have had have been Italian and only drank in celebrations. The two wines I remember the most are Dolcetto and Spumante and I really want to start my blog off with those two. While yes I have drank them I never considered whiffing or slowly contemplating the flavors. To be honest I think I have been drinking them like soda all this time and besides the bitterness/dryness of Spumante I couldn't tell you much about the flavor at all.

My uncle is probably the one who inspired the most me to take this class as he has always been the person in my family who is the most into wine. He has a cellar in his house and I intend to use him as a resource (wine recommendations and samples) for this class.

I intend to use this class as the catalyst to get me to try as many different types of wine as possible. I think it will be a fun hobby to get into and I thing this class would be perfect to start that hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment