Friday, February 22, 2019

Tasting - Elisabetta Prosecco

Name - Elisabetta Prosecco
Variety - Prosecco/Glera
Region - Prosecco
Country - Italy
Year - 2017
Price - $16

Winery Review - "Clean and Crisp with abundant creamy fizz, notes of apples, pears and a hint of white peach" - Food Lion

Personal Review - I decided to try this wine as it was the only Italian sparkling wine that my grocery store had besides the really common Asti/Spumante. I grabbed this wine thinking it would be similar, and I was right. This wine is definitely less sugary than Asti but the fruit aftertaste is almost muted because of that. I enjoyed it but I think I will only buy Asti if im looking for a cheap Italian sweet sparkling white wine.

I didn't eat anything with this wine, although I had it after eating a brownie like 20 minutes before.

No comments:

Post a Comment