Saturday, February 9, 2019

Tasting - Barefoot Rose


Name: Barefoot Rose
Variety: They say "blend" but I expect Zinfandel is main part
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2017
Price: $6 

Winery Review: "Crush on blush! Rose is Barefoot's love letter to the pink-tinged classic. Juicy cherries mingle with cool watermelon in this sweet Rose wine. Sweet Lime and a hint of fizz join in for pure magic under sunny skies or starry nights." - drizly.com

Personal Review: I picked this up as my second wine of the week since I had never had a Rose before. Barefoots version was extremely cheap and since I recognized it as a Californian brand it was also my first wine made in the USA.Being from California I knew that this Rose would be a lot sweeter than any European equivalent going in. I really enjoyed this wine. It was just the right amount of sweetness and the flavors of watermelon and cherries were quite a bit stronger than I expected. Really enjoyable wine, especially for the price! Great Rose to start off with, I am not really excited to try another.



I did not eat anything with this wine. I tend to only eat food with red wine (bad habit I know).



No comments:

Post a Comment