Saturday, February 9, 2019

Tasting - Barefoot Merlot


Name: Barefoot Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2017
Price: $6

Winery Review: "Spicy aromas, good concentration and an off-dry flavor make this wine robust while staying rather soft and friendly for people who don't love aggressive tannins"

Personal Review: Since I had a pretty good experience with the last barefoot wine I decided to try another of their products. Hell for the price it was pretty much a no brainer. This wine is based on the Merlot grape and I really enjoyed the wine as a whole. The only "issue" I have with this wine is that I wish it was a little dryer because I am not a fan of the sweetness it has (even if it is a little). It was a really good wine and for the price it's definitely a great budget red wine. Not sure if I will ever come back to it however. Will definitely try out other Barefoot wines in the future, since I did enjoy their Rose quite a bit. 

I did not eat anything with this wine



No comments:

Post a Comment