Thursday, February 28, 2019

Tasting - Manischewitz American Concord Grape Wine

Name - Manischewitz American Concord Grape Wine
Variety - Concord Grape
Region - New York
Country - USA
Year - 2017
Price - $11

Winery Review - "A sweet but balanced wine with a generous mouth feel. The distinct aroma and flavor of fresh Concord grapes." - Manischewitz Website

Personal Review - I tried this wine because I was really curious how a concord grape wine would taste. The answer was actually surprising. I liked it because it was really sweet but it definitely does not have nearly as much depth as a vitis vinifera based wine would have. It just tasted like old grape juice mixed with alcohol. Again, I still liked it but I understand why not a lot of wine is made out of it. Good experience.

I did not eat anything with this wine

No comments:

Post a Comment