Friday, February 22, 2019

Tasting - Tenshen White Rhone Blend

Name - Tenshen White Rhone Blend
Variety - Viognier, Roussanne, Grenache Blanc and Chardonnay
Region - California
Country - USA
Year - 2016
Price - $20

Winery Review - "Aromas of tangerine and ripe melon lead to flavors of peach and apricot. Balanced acidity and juicy honeysuckle accent the finish with a hint of hazelnut" - wine.com

Personal Review - I was attracted to this wine because it was a "white rhone blend" from California. Also the label is pretty interesting. I actually really enjoyed this white. I am really surprised that a California winery took a blend of grapes known to a region in Germany and made a good blended wine with those foreign grapes. I imagine that the changes the grape's flavors had when they came from Germany to California were pretty drastic and I really have no idea how they experiment with flavors when they have so many variables (grapes and % of each grape). I really enjoyed this wine not just because of the flavor but because the idea of what the winery did.

I did not drink this wine with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment