Saturday, February 9, 2019

Tasting - Menage a Trois

Name: Menage a Trois
Variety: Zinfandel, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2017
Price: $10

Winery Review: "Menage a Trois exposes the fresh, ripe, jam like fruit that is the calling card of California wine. Forward, silky and soft, the delicious makes the perfect accompaniment for grilled meats and chicken." - wine.com

Personal Review: I picked up this wine as the food lion website recommended it for grilled meats. It was also a California blended red wine which I had not tried before. I really enjoyed this wine, a lot more than I expected. While my novice tongue couldn't perfectly sort out the three different types of grapes in the blend I at least knew it worked and tasted good. I did notice that this wine had a good level of tannins based on the late flavor the wine gave off. I also expecting a lot sweeter but I got lucky with that as it was a good medium level of sweetness. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a good cheap wine. 


I had this wine with a nice grilled chicken breast and the combination was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment