Saturday, February 9, 2019

Tasting - Masseria Altemura Fiano



Name: Masseria Altemura Fiano
Variety: Fiano (white grape)
Region: Salento, Puglia (southern Italy)
Country: Italy
Year: 2017
Price: $15

Winery Review: "Lemon and hay aromas carry delicate pollen and floral tones on the nose. Medium in weight and acidity, the palate is yellow-fruit driven. with a grapefruit zest vein of acidity." - WineMag.com

Personal Review: I found this wine to be very light. The strong undertones of floral and fruit taste was quite pleasant. In terms of the fruit that I tasted I have to say it felt pretty tropical. Almost like the wine had a pineapple taste. It was a good wine but I don't expect to buy it again anytime soon. I also think I got the taste of figs? Not entirely sure since that flavor was extremely faint. Not too sweet. I enjoyed the wine and would recommend it but only as a good wine for the price, nothing more.


I did not have any food with this wine. I just shared the bottle with a few friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment