Saturday, February 9, 2019

Tasting - Martini & Rossi Asti (Spumante)

Name: Martini & Rossi Asti (Spumante)
Variety: Moscato Bianco
Region: Piedmont (northwest Italy)
Country: Italy
Year: Strangely not specified, im guessing 2017
Price: $13

Winery Review: "This perennial favorite sparkles with tangerine peel, honeysuckle, vanilla, creamery butter and honeyed notes. Very clean and zesty. It drinks as sweet as it smells. Fortunately, the acidity is high and refreshing, the wine exceptionally clean and well-made. Fans of this style will absolutely love it, and there's a lot to like.

Personal Review: This wine holds a special place in my heart as it is usually the sign of celebration in my family. While my family drinks mostly red wine for dinner whenever we do a celebration (mostly birthdays and New Years) we always bring a few bottles of this stuff. Its a bubbly white wine that is extremely easy to get into. Even if you don't like wine you will most likely find some enjoyment drinking this stuff. It's sweet, bubbly, and acidic. The smell is also extremely pleasant. While this wine is pretty much the most mass-produced Italian wine (at least to my knowledge) it does have a great quality that makes people around the world come back to it. Really glad I got to try this wine now as a "critic" as I was finally able to sit back and sort the  citrus flavor which is pretty much a beacon of nostalgia for me.

I usually have this wine with dessert but I went back this time and ate with some oven-baked salmon and it was great. The light flavor really paired wonderfully with the bubbly wine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment