Friday, February 15, 2019

Tasting - Radiance Riesling

Name: Radiance Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2017
Price: $10

Winery Review: "The Josef Weinberg Radiance Riesling is a pale golden color, clear and translucent. Moderate aromas of nectarine, lemon, and a very subtle hint of cotton candy. On the palate the wine is semi sweet with a medium-plus body. Sweet nectarine on the front of the palate followed by a small amount of pool toy-like rubber characteristics that are so often found in Riesling. The finish is unique in that it is both acidic and lively. So often, the fun part of  wine comes at the front of the palate but this wine comes alive as it heads down the hatch" - Eric Tansay


Personal Review: This was the first Riesling I drank and I actually really liked it. I realized pretty early on that my tastes of wine have not "matured" enough so I definitely prefer sweet wines and this Riesling fits the bill. Of course I will force myself to try more dry wines but this is definitely a good sweet white wine to come back to. Great price not to mention would definitely recommend as a first mind as it is sweet.

I ate with this wine but only with small snacks like cookies. I also alternated with water because a cup ends up being too sweet uninterrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment