Friday, February 15, 2019

Tasting - Black Box Chardonnay

Name - Black Box Chardonnay
Variety - Chardonnay
Region - California
Country - USA
Year - 2017
Price - $20

Winery Review - "Rich and beautifully balanced with fresh fruit aromas. Excellent depth and structure with subtle hints of oak. A focused and complex finish" - the box

Personal Review - My friends grabbed this wine because of the amount you get per bulk. I don't know if its the box but I did not enjoy this wine. It is also important to note that this was my first Californian chardonnay (my family back home always offers me some French made Chardonnay for the holidays) so maybe it was the difference in flavor that made me not like it. While I like the buttery oaky feel to the wine I did not like the actually flavor. Great price to the amount you get and maybe the other boxed wines in by Black Box are a lot better but this chardonnay did not work for me.

I ate some sweet cookies with this wine

No comments:

Post a Comment