Thursday, February 28, 2019

Tasting - Mouton Cadet Bordeaux

Name - Mouton Cadet 
Variety - Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot, others
Region - Bordeaux
Country - USA
Year - 2016
Price - $10

Winery Review - "A medium/full-bodied, dry, juicy red wine with flavors of cherry, raspberry, blackberry, violets and a hint of tobacco." - TotalWine.com

Personal Review - I decided to try this wine because I was aware that this brand is essentially the cheap version of the Rothschild wine brand. The wine was still really well made though and I really enjoyed it. In fact this is probably one of the top wines that I have tried so far. Really good balance and depth/layers of flavors. I didn't expect to taste the tobacco (since I don't smoke) but I definitely tasted something that I expected to be tobacco and it was a pretty decent aftertaste. Again, I really enjoyed this wine.

I did not eat anything with this wine

No comments:

Post a Comment