Friday, February 15, 2019

Tasting - Roth Estate Merlot

Name - Roth Estate Merlot
Variety - Merlot
Region - Sonoma County, California
Country - USA
Price - $20
Year - 2015

Winery Review - "Intense aromas of dark fruits, hints of sweet spice, and silky dark chocolate. Richly concentrated black plum, violet, chocolate cream and cardamom fill the palate on this dense and dark Merlot." - Foley Food and Wine Society

Personal Review - After discovering that I liked the Merlot grape variety from California last week I decided to go ahead and try another one. I got this bottle of wine. I believe it was 3 times the price of the other Merlot wine I bought so I was definitely expecting a quality product and I got one. It was pretty close to the flavor of the Barefoot Merlot I tried plus a much fuller body, more tannins, and better undertones. I extremely liked the dark chocolate undertone. I would definitely recommend this. This wine got me thinking that I should start branching slowly into more expensive wines.

I ate this wine with a breakfast for dinner meal (bacon, eggs, basically quite a bit of fat) and it worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment